Walker & Royce
Moda Black, Pets Recordings, Crosstown Rebels
"New York City’s Sam Walker & Gavin Royce have been producing their emotive, subdued and groove-heavy deep house for just two years— but almost from the start, they were touted as future stars. Now it’s official, thanks to a certain UK tastemaker— not to mention a string of stellar productions and remixes." -Bruce Tantum: Nightlife Editor, Time Out NY Read More...
“New York City’s Sam Walker & Gavin Royce have been producing their emotive, subdued and groove-heavy deep house for just two years— but almost from the start, they were touted as future stars. Now it’s official, thanks to a certain UK tastemaker— not to mention a string of stellar productions and remixes.” -Bruce Tantum: Nightlife Editor, Time Out NY
“Walker & Royce” started when Sam and Gavin, having known each other in and out of the dance scene for years, finally began working together in 2011. As things usually go, it was a bit of luck that got them off the ground: Crosstown Rebels boss Damian Lazarus noticed one of their very first releases, a remix of SAARID’s “Future Lately”, on Nervous Records. The result was the Crosstown Rebels EP “You’re Not Welcome” and with that, Walker & Royce was launched into the dance music spotlight.
Around the same time, Walker & Royce released a track on OFF Recordings that went on to become a house anthem: “Connected”. The song became a mainstay in Solomun’s performances and with that set the stage for a diverse range of sounds from the pair. Their most recent EP on Moda Black entitled “Sister” was picked by Pete Tong as his Essential New Tune, and their chart toping remix of Baunz’ “Out the Window” on Pets Recordings garnered support from many of the biggest artists in electronic music. Having solidified their unique sound, you will hear Walker & Royce’s music in sets from many of the top DJ’s from around the world! From Sasha to Adam Beyer, Maceo Plex to Gorgon City and Eats Everything to Locodice, they continue to break down the genre barriers and turn heads….
- Walker & Royce's Dirtybird Campout mix featured on Dancing Astronaut
- Walker & Royce premiere 'Gimme' on Mixmag
- Walker & Royce's "Wakey Wakey" featured as Insominac's 'Track of the Day'
- Walker & Royce's guest mix for Claude VonStroke's The Birdhouse #17
- Walker & Royce's remix of 12 Stories' "Bright Lights" featured as "Track Of The Night" on Birdhouse radio show
- Walker & Royce Are the NYC House Duo You've Been Missing
- Walker & Royce: Podcast 383
- Walker & Royce unleash 'My Stop' EP on Catz N' Dogz Pets Recordings
- Walker & Royce: Rinse FM Mix 08/26/15
- Walker & Royce FABRICLIVE x Safer At Night Mix
- Walker & Royce Most Underrated DJ's in New York Interview
- Walker & Royce - 5 Essential Artists March 2015