Vaadat Charigim is a shoegaze/dream pop trio consisting of Yuval Haring, Yuval Guttman and Dan Fabian Bloch . The band formed in 2012 in Tel Aviv, Israel. Read More...
Vaadat Charigim is a shoegaze/dream pop trio consisting of Yuval Haring (guitar, vocals), Yuval Guttman (drums) and Dan Fabian Bloch (bass). The band formed in 2012 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
ALLMUSIC GUIDE has described their sound as “a holy hybrid of Ride’s wistful dreaminess and Slowdive’s protracted druggy slow-motion guitar haze”.
Since their inception in 2012, the band has been very influential on the Israeli rock scene, due to their widely covered debut LP, and their rapidly growing international following.
The band has won critical acclaim internationally despite their songs being sung entirely in Hebrew – an unprecedented achievement for an Israeli rock band. Their distinctive sound derives from their unique mixture of local Israeli rock from the 80s and 90s with international Indie rock from the same era, as well as in their insistency on the Hebrew language, with all its aesthetic and rhythmic oddities.
Vaadat Charigim has signed with Burger Records for a 2nd LP, titled ‘Sinking as a Stone’, due out May 5 this year. The album, like their first, was also recorded by the band in their Tel Aviv apartment/studio for several months, and was also produced by Kyle “Slick” Johnson.
“Sinking as a Stone” follows their 1st LP – “The World is Well Lost”, and continues the band’s search for meaning in a chaotic, war stricken world. Unlike the 1st record, which dealt more with catastrophe, “Sinking as a Stone” is a record about boredom (the LP’s name in Hebrew literally means “The Boredom Sinks In”), in the existential sense of boredom as a moment of clarity, of feeling time passing, of being aware of one’s self. This boredom is taken apart song by song, each piece of music representing different states of boredom, which a young Israeli can find him or herself in : The boredom of waiting, the boredom of being hopeful, the boredom of death, the boredom of hopelessness, the boredom of never finding love in the city, and so on. “Sinking as a Stone” is the 2nd part of the band’s “Tel Aviv” trilogy, with most songs describing or dealing lyrically with local bohemian states of mind.
- Vaadat Charigim Full Performance Live on KEXP
- Vaadat Charigim interviewed by Nordstrom
- Vaadat Charigim’s “Ein Li Makom” Video featured by Flood Magazine
- Lead singer and guitarist Yuval Haring shares the albums that have most influenced Vaadat Charigim’s sound
- Vaadat Charigim featured in Drowned in Sound's list of best shoegaze artists of 2015
- Vaadat Charigim subject of Noisey Mini-Doc
- Vaadat Charigim's "The World Is Well Lost" available to stream on Spin
- Vaadat Charigim interviewed by Paper
- Vaadat Charigim's "The World Is Well Lost" received 8/10 from NME
- Vaadat Charigim's "Odisea" video shared on Spin
- Vaadat Charigim's video for "Ein Nehama Ladoachim" featured on Spin
- Vaadat Charigim's "Odisea" reviewed by Pitchfork
- Vaadat Charigim's "Haolam Avad Mizman" is song of the day on KEXP