Tasha the Amazon
A bomb in a china shop. Read More...
A bomb in a china shop.
Toronto’s Tasha the Amazon is an artist, producer, and bad gyal. Notorious for rude stage antics and warehouse parties shut down by police raids, her unconventional lyrics deal as much with partying and hood mischief as they do with anarchy and civil disobedience.
After cutting her teeth in collabs and collectives, the German-Jamaican powerhouse released her debut solo project, FiDiYootDem, to critical acclaim in late 2013.
Hundreds of thousands of video views and streams later, Tasha is preparing to release her forthcoming EP, Die Every Day, in the fall of 2016.
Produced by herself and partner Danthrax (together, they form the production duo Bass & Bakery), Tasha’s new music experiments unapologetically with the future of hip hop. Meet the new school.
- Tasha the Amazon shares new self-produced EP with Pigeons and Planes
- Tasha the Amazon's "Picasso Leaning" Video featured in Billboard
- Tasha the Amazon's Video for "Picasso Leaning" in The Fader
- Tasha the Amazon featured in Complex Canada
- Tasha the Amazon's "Picasso Leaning" named one of The Most Uniquely Popular Rap Song in Pigeons and Planes
- Tasha the Amazon named a Rising Star After "Prayer" by Pigeons and Plans
- Tasha the Amazon named Best New Artist of July 2016 by Pigeons and Planes
- Tasha the Amazon featured in Afropunk
- Tasha the Amazon named "Fearless and Peerless" in Noisey