After two years delivering self-written, self-produced knockout pop gems to an ever-growing army of bullet girls and fever boys, FEMME releases her long-awaited debut album 'Debutante'. Read More...
After two years delivering self-written, self-produced knockout pop gems to an ever-growing army of bullet girls and fever boys, FEMME releases her long-awaited debut album ‘Debutante’.
Led by glistening new single ‘Light Me Up’, this kaleidoscopic collection takes a journey through high pedigree, female-powered pop referencing sixties girl groups, seventies disco divas, nineties chart icons and modern day bass-fiends. All channelled through FEMME’s singular, modish filter. With the hype machine topping, incendiary singles ‘Fever Boy’, ‘Gold’ and ‘S.O.S.’ also in tow, ‘Debutante’ is a reminder that whether raunchy, heart-breaking, energising or empowering, pop music should always be one thing: fun.
Described as a “one-woman powerhouse’” by Radio 1’s Annie Mac, FEMME is the real deal when it comes to unadulterated artistry. As composer, producer, director and choreographer, FEMME has eschewed major label interest in order to maintain her musical vision without interference. This uncompromising approach hasn’t stopped her mixing with the great and the good: FEMME has toured the USA with Charli XCX, featured on tracks by Huxley, been remixed by NZCA Lines and partnered with Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich for their critically acclaimed Ultraísta collaboration and album.
FEMME’s pink-haired, gold-drenched style has seen her hailed by giants of couture too. Vogue declared her “Fashion’s Favourite New Pop Star”, she’s soundtracked catwalk shows by Stella McCartney and been invited to promote new ranges by Uniqlo, BooHoo and adidas NEO. Her irrepressible personality has brought a fierce spark to every campaign, an uncompromising energy which shines through every track on ‘Debutante’. As she sings on ‘Sirens’: “You wanted a poster girl, you got me instead.”
- FEMME interviewed by The Line Of Best Fit
- FEMME on turning down major labels with the BBC
- FEMME is interviewed for NYLON's Month of Music
- FEMME performs "Gold" for Sofar Sounds
- FEMME's new video for "Gold" premieres on Noisey
- FEMME premieres new single "Gold" with Nylon Magazine
- FEMME signed to Elite Models
- FEMME's SOS video featured on DAZED
- FEMME guest-reviews singles for Clash Magazine
- FEMME's 'S.O.S' Premieres on Noisey
- FEMME interview and photo adventure on Lomography
- FEMME's "High" (The Last Skeptik Remix) Featured track of the day on CLASH
- FEMME interviews with Beat Magazine
- FEMME's "Guide to Getting Down" featured on Drowned in Sound
- FEMME featured in The Guardian Music Section
- FEMME's "High" reviewed by Under the Gun