Take 15 of the most rigorous gents the universe has ever produced, mix in a tonne of good vibes, humour, laughter and smiles and inject an unwavering passion for music. Sprinkle over a fresh batch of love, stick that mouthwatering concoction in the oven and turn up the heat... Read More...
Take 15 of the most rigorous gents the universe has ever produced, mix in a tonne of good vibes, humour, laughter and smiles and inject an unwavering passion for music. Sprinkle over a fresh batch of love, stick that mouthwatering concoction in the oven and turn up the heat…
Crew Love is a concept that has been cooking up for the past few years. Its original recipe was formulated at the now legendary Marcy Hotel in Brooklyn, New York. A crack team of culinary experts comprised Wolf + Lamb (Zev and Gadi) saw an opportunity to do something groundbreaking within NYC’s then ailing club scene. Away from the table service and bar-focused venues, they launched a party that was based around three main ingredients; good peeps, great music and non-stop party vibes – taking it back to the essence. They invited their Boston brothers Soul Clap (Eli and Charlie) to join them, and the four men served up gourmet delights on a weekly basis.
At the Marcy they not only introduced New York to great music and guests from around the world, but also began laying down the foundations for a global community of like-minded party people – yep, only the finest organically-sourced ingredients have been used from the beginning. Music and love became the unifying element, connecting disparate classes and creeds and paving the way for the growth and evolution of the crew itself. This simple recipe formed the foundation of a team that now includes: Tanner Ross: Raised in New Jersey, now lives on Mars, Wizard of the bass, DJ to the stars. PillowTalk: A 50’s trio, soul meets dance, dreamers by choice,masters by chance No Regular Play: The original cast, longest to last, purveyors of the late-night liveshow blast. Navid Izadi: SF club kid to electro sex sheik, our persian balladeer, prince freestyle chic. Nick Monaco: Wide-eyed, true – but innocent no more, the funk wunderkind has everybody wanting more. Slow Hands: Slayer of the sunrise, maestro of the strum, the organic specialist, the hillbilly bum.
It’s a crew that operates like a real family, with the mature heads, the intermediate brothers and the young siblings all providing support, care and attention to one another – the older heads handing down advice and knowledge, and vice versa from the young cats. This dynamic keeps the group tight, the music strong and the vibes eternal. A Crew Love party is like a concert spliced with a club night, spliced with a house party. You get DJ action, you get flamboyance, that gentleman energy, live performance, singing, dancing and intimate realness from beginning to end. These are performers who deliver succulent flavours time after time, deeply serious about their music yet all about enjoying themselves and encouraging their following to let loose.
Aside from the music and positive energy, another key element to Crew Love’s ongoing global campaign to spread peace, love and unity among the ravers of the world is their unmistakable identity. Branded in a way that is alluring, memorable and unintrusive, they pay special attention to creating merchandise and events that are iconic. From their personalised pack of playing cards, to stickers, clothing and a handcrafted illuminated sign, their dedication to cementing their identity and providing their community with fresh new ways to support them is progressive and natural. This is also extends to the Crew Love website, which includes a special subscription area for the fans to get their hands on exclusive material, members tickets and the heads up on all the latest merch. This ain’t no fast food, Happy Meal kinda vibe, it’s refined goodness made from the heart – guaranteed to nourish and invigorate.
With so much talent bubbling over in this delectable brew, there is of course an extended musical project and solid plans for the future in the works. The Crew Love album, due for release in 2015, will combine the creative ingredients and musical skills of all 15 members of the team. Expect a range of aromas and styles to tantalise your musical taste buds, as anyone who has experienced a Crew Love soiree will tell you, they can traverse the full spectrum of music from house and techno to RnB, disco and much more. Did we mention the movie? Yep, Crew Love goes to Hollywood in 2015. As if all of their creative endeavours weren’t enough, the team are also working on a full-length movie – taking their sizzling personalities to the big screen, rustling up more tasty morsels for their loyal following. So, lay the table, tuck your napkin into your shirt and prepare to be served up a feast from the kitchen of Crew Love…
- Playboy premiere of Nick Monaco's video for ‘Lovers Do’
- Listen to Nick Monaco's "Physical Therapy" single premiered by The Fader
- Listen to the Soul Clap remix of Nick Monaco's "Physical Therapy" single premiered by Cool Hunting
- Soul Clap Share Prince Mix From Coachella 2016 with Pitchfork
- Crew Love partner with Resident Advisor to announce a 17 city world tour
- Nick Monaco previews new album and sits down for an interview with Dazed Digital
- No Regular Play announce second full-length album to be released in August via Resident Advisor
- Crew Love collective talks to Billboard about their new imprint & more
- Nick Monaco interview with Journal Metro
- Crew Love featured on Magentic Mag's weekly top indie dance chart
- Crew Love featured on Thump's 'BFFs' series
- Crew Love starts label, announces collaborative album via Resident Advisor
- Crew Love launch new label with a funky house anthem on Thump
- The Crew Love Bath Episode featuring Soul Clap (Valentine's Day Special) via Music is 4 Lovers
- Crew Love announces label, new album via Mixmag
- Crew Love shares new single, 'Love Train,' via Hip Me Mag
- Crew Love label and album announcement via Data Transmission
- Crew Love's latest single, 'Smokers Delight,' featured on The Music Ninja
- Crew Love shares 'Smokers Delight,' first single from forthcoming album
- Crew Love featured in Indie Music, Illustrated in T magazine